Ruby Association will be hosting a design contest for the new design of ruby-lang.org
ruby-lang.org has switched its platform from Radiant CMS to Jekyll in spring 2013.
Everyone can now edit the content through GitHub. How about that?
However, the current design is built for the typical size of a desktop or laptop but not for smartphones and tablets.
We still need more work for the design!
Ruby’s 20th anniversary this year seems like an appropriate occasion for a call to submit design ideas for ruby-lang.org
Please read the instructions below and send your design entry.
New design for www.ruby-lang.org
- The base color should be red (Ruby color). Your design should contain the Ruby logo of www.ruby-lang.org.
- You can download a high resolution version of the Ruby logo image from http://cache.ruby-lang.org/pub/misc/logo/
- It should support multiple devices with no layout broken. Responsive design is preferable.
- It should support i18n. The new design should also support the languages that are currently used at ruby-lang.org
- You can change the structure of an HTML if necessary.
(You can find all current languages listed in the footer of ruby-lang.org).
- Applicants must have a GitHub account.
- Knowledge of creating HTML files using Jekyll is required.
- Make a pull request to https://github.com/ruby/www.ruby-lang.org with your complete CSS data.
- Pull requests must include at least one design screenshot.
From September 24, 2013 to November 8, 2013, 5:00 p.m.
All dates are in JST (UTC+09:00).
www-admin team on ruby-lang.org will evaluate submitted data.
Entrants need to make a copyright assignment agreement with Ruby Association if your design is adopted.
All copyrights are transferred from you to Ruby Association.
Ruby Association will distribute the design under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license
Winner gets his/her name or nickname on the footer of the site. (Optional)
Please be sure that all designing cost is at your own expense.